<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13400465/?claim=b7fqvthzqbc”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I don’t usually have a lot of time to do my makeup in the morning so having a minimal amount of makeup products on hand means there’s less time spent fussing about. My everyday look is something that just evens out my complexion and gives a bit of definition to my eyes.
1. Starting off with foundation – I use the BareMinerals Matte Powder Foundation with a kabuki brush, buffing the product evenly all over my face making sure to blend down my neck.
2. Next onto the eyebrows, which I think makes any face look more put together. I lightly fill in my brows with the Rimmel eyebrow pencil and brush through them with the handy brush on the end.
3. Then curling my lashes with the Maybelline Eyelash Curler, which really opens up the eyes and makes my eyelashes more noticeable.
4. Followed by a few coats of Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara to define my eyes. This mascara is great for volumising!
5. A quick dusting of my favourite blush Milani Luminoso onto the apples of the cheeks and blended up along the tops of the cheekbones.
6. Finished off with Revlon’s Pango Peach on the lips.
A quick and easy everyday makeup look, Done! 🙂
Everyday fashion is moving toward more athletic or workout wear; a trend that I am loving! I definitely prefer yoga pants over jeans for a casual and comfy outfit, even when there is no working out involved.
And for those days where hitting the gym doesn’t sound at all appealing and you’re lacking the motivation to get active, cute workout outfits that make you look and feel the part may just be the push you need.
I recently tried out this Peanut Butter Cup Cookie recipe and received great feedback from family and friends. I will definitely be baking more batches of these in the future!
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature milk and white chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C (375 degrees F). Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla essence and milk.
- Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Shape into 40 balls and place each onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 190 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately press chocolate buttons into each ball.
- Allow to cool and carefully remove from tray.
The one thing I am most willing to invest in is proper skincare. At the base of any great look, whether or not you wear makeup, is clear and flawless skin. I know that when my skin is at its best I look and feel more confident.
Here are a few products that are currently on my wishlist:
One. Ren Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil – The thing that drew me in about this product is that it’s a serum-oil hybrid, which means one less step in my skincare routine. A recent addition to the Ren Skincare range, this oil claims to strengthen the skin’s vital lipid barrier and re-energise skin cell activity to dramatically improve moisture levels, boost overall skin health and vitality while reducing the signs of wrinkles, premature ageing and sensitivity.
Two. Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – I just love the way my skin feels after using balm cleansers. This balm cleanser claims to cleanse, moisturise and calm sensitive skin as well as revitalise dull and mature skins. I’ve heard so many great reviews about this product and I am dying to give it a try!
Three. Origins GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer – I’m in need of a moisturiser that will hydrate and boost the radiance of my tired skin, especially for those early morning starts. This lightweight, oil-free moisturiser is fortified with Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean to jumpstart hydration levels and give a healthy, vibrant glow to lacklustre-looking skin.
Four. Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner – Anything that will keep blemishes at bay are welcomed into my skincare stash. This hydrating antibacterial toner helps to aid in the treatment and prevention of problematic skin, and there is no alcohol to sting or dry out your skin.
Five. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate – I usually use a facial oil as part of my night time skincare routine and have wanted to try this one out for a while now. It is a replenishing elixir of pure essential oils distilled botanicals to visibly restore the appearance of skin by morning. It regenerates, repairs, and replenishes skin for smoother, healthier skin.
Six. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche – My skin can be slightly red and sensitive, especially after washing my face, so a product like this might be just the thing I need. This cream soothes the tight, burning, pulling sensations found in intolerant skin. Its creamy texture, enriched in lipid-replenishing shea butter, intensely nourishes the skin and restores comfort.
Seven. Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque – Clay cleansing masks are definitely my favourite kind of face mask. This clay-based masque claims to deeply cleanse and refresh most skin types, particularly sensitive or dry. It is a gentle yet thorough deep-cleansing treatment that extracts impurities clogging the pores, to smooth and refresh the skin.
Eight. Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado – I don’t have any particular skincare concern for my under-eye area, but I do prefer cream over gel formulas. This rich and creamy non-migrating formula delivers moisture to the delicate under eye-area and gently protects the skin against external aggressors.